Term 4 Written Language
WALT write a character description of a person we know very well.
We know we have achieved this when we …
- have written about the person’s physical appearance (the way they look).
- have written about the person’s behaviour (how they speak or act).
- have written about how they affect other people (what do they do to make you notice them).
- have written about the person’s environment and belongings.
- used descriptive words to make a picture in the mind of the reader
My Dad by Ashton Kidgell
My dad is very special because he takes me out to places. He’s a wee bit funny. He’s got an orange T-shirt and some gold skinny jeans, light coloured skin and that’s all he really has on him. He tickles me every night then reads me a book. I always get a cuddle every night. He waters our garden every morning. We have nice flowers and grapes. My dad has light greyish eyes and he is always wearing black shoes. He also has a black bald head but not fully bald.
You have used some good similes and some adjectives in your description to create that picture about your Dad.
1. Organise your description into paragraphs – what he physically looks like, about his personality/behaviour, and about his environment/belongings.
2. Try to start as many sentences with different words as you can.